- Scout Spirit (required) – Realizing the importance of living up to the Scout Oath and Law, the Scouter must demonstrate his willingness to assist Scouts and fellow Scouters to make their stay at Camp more successful and enjoyable.
- Advancement (2 horns required) – Realizing that advancement is a vital part of a Scout’s camp experience, whether for rank, badge, or personal development, a Scout should make an earnest effort to increase his knowledge through the advancement program. A horn may be awarded for: 1) Assist a Staff member in teaching a skill or Merit Badge; 2) Teach a Merit Badge; 3) Assist a Scout in advancing one rank or Merit Badge; 4) Complete Safety Afloat or Safe Swim Defense Training.
- Service (2 spades required) – 1) Individual – A service project to the Patrol Site, Troop Site, or Scout Reservation. 2) Group – A group service project to the Patrol Site, Troop Site, or Scout Reservation.
- Conservation (required) – To qualify, a Scouter must participate in a Camp Conservation Project.
Program Opportunities (5 required)
- Archery Award – Awarded to Scouters who achieve a score of 20 or higher.
- Rifle Award – Awarded to Scouters who achieve a score of 30 or higher.
- Axemanship Award – Awarded to those who help teach Totin-Chip or Paul Bunyan.
- Cooking Award – Assist Scouts with all aspects of making of a meal that is cooked over a fire or charcoal with the use of a dutch oven.
- Orienteering Award – Awarded to Scouters who participate in an orienteering course.
- Nature Award – Awarded to those who participate in the Ecology/Conservation area.
- Aquatics Award – Awarded to those who participate in one activity at the pool and one activity at the lake.
- Handicraft Award – Awarded to Scouters who assist the Staff during open program.
- C.O.P.E. Award – Awarded to those who participate in C.O.P.E.
- Silver Bullet – Awarded to those who outshoot the best youth in the Troop at the rifle range.
- Rappelling Award – Awarded to those who rappel at the HMSR C.O.P.E. Course.
Additional Stamps for Your Neckerchief
- Campfire – Each Campfire denotes one year at HMSR.
- Order of the Arrow Candidate – Awarded to those elected as a Candidate since the last camping season.
- OA Stamp – Ordeal Members may wear one of this stamp. Brotherhood Members may wear two of these stamps. Vigil Honor Members may wear three of these stamps.
- Leadership Award – Each Leader is entitled to wear this stamp.
- Kittatinny Stamp – Awarded to those who earn the Kittatinny Award.
- Arrowhead Award – Awarded to those who participate in an OA activity in camp.
- Polar Bear – Awarded to those who attend Polar Bear swim every day of the week.
- OA Service Award – Awarded to those who participate in an approved OA Service Project while at camp. (New in 2000)
- Staff Award – Awarded to a staff member for each year they serve on staff.
* Note: The Campfire, Leadership Award, Silver Bullet, Rappelling Award, Kittatinny Stamp, Arrowhead Award, Staff and OA Service Award may be earned each year. The OA Stamps are awarded only once.