- Scout Spirit (required) – Realizing the importance of living up to the Scout Oath and Law, the Scout must demonstrate his willingness to assist other Scouts as well as his leaders to make their stay at Camp more successful and enjoyable.
- Advancement (2 horns required) – Realizing that advancement is a vital part of a Scout’s camp experience, whether for rank, badge, or personal development, a Scout should make an earnest effort to increase his knowledge through the advancement program. A horn may be awarded for: 1) Complete a Merit Badge; 2) Show that you have learned a skill; 3) Complete a Rank.
- Service (2 spades required) – 1) Individual – A service project to the Patrol Site, Troop Site, or Scout Reservation. 2) Group – A group service project to the Patrol Site, Troop Site, or Scout Reservation.
- Conservation (required) – To qualify, a Scout must participate in a Camp Conservation Project.
Program Opportunities (5 required)
- Archery Award – Awarded to Scouts who participate in an open shoot.
- Rifle Award – Awarded to Scouts who participate in an open shoot.
- Axemanship Award – Awarded to those who earn Totin-Chip or Paul Bunyan.
- Cooking Award – Assisting in the making of a meal that is cooked over a fire or charcoal with the use of a dutch oven.
- Orienteering Award – Awarded to Scouts who participate in an orienteering course. (Orienteering MB does not qualify)
- Nature Award – Awarded to those who participate in the Ecology/Conservation area. (Ecology and Conservation MB’s do not qualify)
- Aquatics Award – Awarded to those who participate in one activity at the pool and one activity at the lake. (Aquatic MB’s do not qualify)
- Handicraft Award – Awarded to Scouts who work on a project during open program. (Handicraft MB’s do not qualify)
- Silver Bullet – Awarded to those who beat their Scoutmaster’s posted score at the rifle range.
- Rappelling Award – Awarded to those who rappel at the HMSR C.O.P.E. Course.
Additional Stamps for Your Neckerchief
- Campfire – Each Campfire denotes one year at HMSR.
- Order of the Arrow Candidate – Awarded to those elected as a Candidate since the last camping season.
- OA Stamp – Ordeal Members may wear one of this stamp. Brotherhood Members may wear two of these stamps. Vigil Honor Members may wear three of these stamps.
- Leadership Award – Each Jr. Leader is entitled to wear this stamp.
- Kittatinny Stamp – Awarded to those who earn the Kittatinny Award.
- Arrowhead Award – Awarded to those who participate in an OA activity in camp.
- Polar Bear – Awarded to those who attend Polar Bear swim every day of the week.
- OA Service Award – Awarded to those who participate in an approved OA Service Project while at camp. (Introduced in 2000)
* Note: The Campfire, Leadership Award, Silver Bullet, Rappelling Award, Kittatinny Stamp, Arrowhead Award, and OA Service Award may be earned each year. The OA Stamps are awarded only once.