At the November 2002 Lodge Executive Committee meeting, a new program was approved to be activated in the lodge effective January 1, 2003. The program, called the Lodge Participation Award, was designed to encourage members to be more active in their unit as well as in the functions of the lodge. The goal being to strengthen member’s commitments to the purpose of the Order.
The award may be earned each calendar year by any registered member of the lodge. A calendar year is defined as the period of time beginning January 1 and ending December 31.
The requirements for the award are as follows:
You must complete 4 of the following 6 items:
- Attend 2 of the 3 OA Service Weekend and Quarterly Meetings.
- Attend a Lodge Executive Meeting, Brotherhood Day, or Section Conclave.
- Attend ( or staff ) a resident camp, or a national program such as Philmont, Northern Tier, Sea Base, or attend the National Order of the Arrow Conference (NOAC).
- Attend at least 75% of your unit’s regular meetings.
- Attend 2 unit campouts other than the extended camp in requirement #3.
- Teach a scout a new skill.
After completing 4 of the 6 requirement above, complete the following:
- Speak to the Lodge Chief, adviser, or a Lodge Executive Committee member about what you have done and what you plan to do for your unit and for the OA in the future.
To view and print out a personal tracking form for the Lodge Participation Award, click HERE.